Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Between you & I, London & Toronto..

We're sitting here in a house in a suburb called Wellington in London, Ontario; the band and I. The reason we are here is because we linked up with these people during the Canadian Music Week festival in Toronto two weeks ago who have access to one of the most amazing recording studios in the country which also happens to be one of the most prestigious sound production universities around called Fanshawe. During these two weeks here we have managed to record (in 5.1 surround sound) all the drums for our 11 songs, the bass for 3 of them, and we have one track which is completely recorded with guitars & vocals and has been mixed down quite beautifully, it just needs to be mastered. This track is called Hold On and is one of our harder songs, a short punchy, almost punk, rock anthem and from the version we heard last night, is sounding fantastic. This will be the first release, and as soon as it's been mastered will be sent around to various interested locations, companies & labels around the world. I'm sure it's going to open doors, just like the recordings we did back in South Africa did (which you can listen to on the side-bar of this blog, under PARKLANE).
Our live show at the moment is becoming an attraction, the energy released at each show seems to bring the people back to the following gigs, the power of momentum is revealing itself quite re-assuringly.

5 Days of interviews, shows & Easter chilling...

I'm back on the road with Ryan, Daniel & Mitch from our Easter chill-out with the Gangnons just outside London Ontario, now en-route in Mitch's Buick SUV to Toronto to meet with our friend Terry to organize a possible tour to Ottowa. Damo is meeting us there, hopefully, after having had his own chill session in Hamilton with his friends Rex & Zoe.. We all needed some time apart just to rediscover a sense of self, living in each other's faces for over two months now.. I hope everyone is ready for action. I believe I am.

Thank God for my mac & the headphones..
My favorite thing to do at the moment is when climbing into bed at night, to put the headphones on & listen to John Frusciante's new album, The Empyrean. It fills me with those necessary frequencies that bring back the soulful unconditional understandings I crave, to feel at peace with myself & my surroundings. Rediscovering Radiohead lately too, In Rainbows..

Thank God for music.
My other favorite thing is big stages...

1 comment:

  1. Yes...thank goddess for music "..with those necessary frequencies that bring back the soulful unconditional understandings I crave.."!!!
    You took the words right out of my heart...your music is my blessing.
    Namaste ❤

    ReplyDelete