Friday, October 02, 2009

The Body Rock Tour in development..


Things have been crazy, no word of a lie. In the last two months the drummer & lead guitarist. Damo & Dan quit PARKLANE & flew back to South Africa. It wasn't a pleasant experience & I obviously have my reservations about those two humans.. One thing is for certain, I'll miss Damo. Anyway, Ryan & I had to go somewhat underground & try recreate the band. After a long search & auditioning some not so awesome drummers, we eventually found the deadliest drummer this side of the Bermuda Triangle.. Graham Shaw. He was in a band called Spies previously, things had just come to a cul-de-sac for them so he was ripe & ready to step into the PARKLANE time-machine.. We have so far had about 5 rehearsals & one show which was in a little town called Bracebridge two weeks ago. We have not found a lead guitarist yet, aren't really looking too hard anyway as this 3-piece situation is actually quite rad. It's obviously a whole other ball game in the pyramid formation as opposed to the diamond.. but I'm down with the ancient Egyptians :)

Meanwhile, back at the Ranchero, our tour is developing into a 24 show extravaganza stretching from Ontario to Quebec.. I'm looking forward to it oh my goodness... We have been here over six months now & haven't been out of Ontario yet. This country is MASSIVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment